Evacuation Chair Operator Training
This is a ½ day course which we can run at your premises. The evacuation chair operator training covers the safe deployment and handling of an evacuation chair. Importantly, we also look at safe transfer of passengers into evacuation chairs which is a topic many courses choose to ignore. A practical approach is taken to ensure that plenty of hands-on practice – all under expert supervision.
Key benefits of this course:
- Will equip your people with the competency to safely use evacuation chairs
- Practical and interactive to maximise the effectiveness of the training session
- Delivered by a highly experienced instructor
- We can conduct the training on a wide range of chairs
The course is aimed at any staff who may need to use evacuation chairs. We limit group size to 6 participants at a time, to ensure each individual has plenty of opportunity to gain confidence on the practical aspects. Participants will gain the following competences:
- Ability to understand how to safely use evacuation chairs
- Be able to demonstrate the practical skills required for safe evacuation chair usage
It should be noted that chair operators must have good mobility and at least average upper body strength
£795 + VAT covers 1 day on-site which allows 2 groups of 6 to be trained on your premises
In certain parts of the country (i.e. where we have a trainer in the vicinity at the time), we can offer £500 + VAT to train one group in half a day
Each delegate will be provided with hand-outs and certification (upon successful completion of the course)
To request a full course outline for the evacuation chair operator training, or to check on availability, please e-mail us or call 07932 674707
Please note, we also offer a 1 day IOSH Evacuation Chair Train the Trainer Certificate certified by IOSH.