Operating Theatre Moving And Handling
We can conduct more specialist training for operating theatre staff on moving and handling operations. The content can be tailored to your needs. As well as looking at general handling best practice, some common topics are:
- The unconscious patient
- Using manual handling aids – slide sheet, hover mat, pat slide patient positioning
- Lithotomy position (legs in stirrups)
- Turning patient from supine to prone (front to back)
- Lifting and handling operating table attachments
We recognise that it is not easy to free up an operating theatre for the practical sessions, so we are very flexible in terms of timing to fit around your needs.
For a no obligation discussion, please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating theatre staff and management
£995 + VAT for the day – which can either be a single group for the full day or 2×1/2 day consecutive sessions. We suggest a maximum of 8 staff on any individual session. We may need to add travel expenses for certain locations.
We realise that it may not be possible to access a theatre during the training. Therefore, the practicals can be undertaken in any room with 2 trolleys or 1 trolley and 1 plinth – or a bed and a trolley. Typical equipment that is used on the course includes:
- PAT Slide
- Any other equipment or attachments used in your theatres for handling (it would be useful to know what is available beforehand).
We would also make use of some more general handling equipment such as:
- Hoists (with current LOLER sticker or paperwork)
- Slings (LOLER)
- Profiling bed
- Handling straps
- Slide sheets of different types